How to choose resistance heating wire
- (1) For purchasing companies such as those dealing in machinery equipment, sealing machines, packaging machines, etc., we would suggest using the NiCr wire of the cr20Ni80 series as their temperature requirements are not high. There are certain advantages using the NiCr wire. It not only has excellent weldability, it is also comparatively softer and not brittle. It would be best to use the strip form factor as the surface load per square meter of the strip is larger than the round wire. On top of its broader width, its wear and tear is smaller than the round wire.
- (2) For purchasing companies such as those dealing in electric furnaces, baking furnaces, etc., we would recommend the most common 0cr25al5 FeCrAl as their temperature requirements would range from a moderate 100 to 900°C. Despite having to consider the issues of temperature and escalation of temperature, it does not require using the resistance heating wire with the best quality and performance. Not only it is cheap, it also has a maximum operating temperature of 900°C. If the surface of the resistance heating wire has undergone heat treatment, acidic treatment or annealing, its oxidation properties would be slightly enhanced, resulting in a relatively higher price-performance ratio.
- If the furnace is operating at 900 to 1000°C, we would advise using 0cr21al6nb as this series of resistance heating wire has a higher temperature endurance and its quality is also exceptionally outstanding due to the addition of Nb elements.
- If the furnace is operating at 1100 to 1200°C, we would suggest using round wire of Ocr27al7mo2 as it contains MO which results in a higher endurance against temperature. The higher the purity for Ocr27al7mo2, the higher is its tensile strength and the better are its oxidation properties. Nevertheless, it would be increasingly brittle. As such, it must be handled with extra care during the lifting and placing processes. It would be best to allow the factory to coil it to suitable dimensions so that the purchasing company could just use it for its application back in its factory.
- For furnace operating at higher temperature of 1400°C, we would highly recommend TK1 from TANKII or the U.S. sedesMBO or Sweden’s Kanthal APM. Undoubtedly, the price would also be higher.
- (3) For puchasing companies such as those dealing in ceramics and glasses, we would advise to directly use HRE from TOPE INT’L or the imported resistance heating wire. It is because the resistance heating wire will vibrate significantly under high temperatures. Subjected to long-term vibration, the resistance heating wire with a poorer quality would eventually deteriorate and infect the final products. Only with the selection of high-quality resistance heating wire, a better price-performance ratio would then be attained.
Post time: May-25-2021